Groups are forming now. Apply for programs beginning in Fall 2018
There are two options for programs that involve working together with other artists:
- CRITIQUE GROUPS 7-12 artists meet monthly for studio critique. The monthly reviews will be constructive, help you receive valuable feedback and give input. This is an opportunity to develop long term and meaningful relationships with other artists. And there are other benefits that come with Participating Membership level (see membership). There will be an exhibition at SoLA at the end of the year of studio visits.
- CREATIVE PRACTICE (Pilot Program!) Small groups of 3-5 artists create their own style of interacting and influence. These groups can create their own way of inspiring / influencing one another for the duration of a year, (studio visits, working together, emailing, phone, outings etc). At the end of the year, the artists will have an exhibition at SoLA and demonstrate the influences of the communications. There will be some guidelines and input for the process but we are open to evolving it as we go. Join us!
An Organizing meeting will be held at SoLA Gallery on August 26, 11:00 am.
Please bring to the meeting an example of your actual art work and digital images as well.
Please follow the guidelines below to submit your work for participation:
Send the following by email to: Southbaycontemporary@gmail.com (subject line: Participating Member)
- Submit 4 jpgs of your art work:
Art work must show development of a series with unified concept or idea. All media considered, jpg size no larger than 1 mb.
- Include in body of email:
- your name, address, email, cell phone, web address
- brief description of your artwork
- Join SBC Participating Membership
Click here to join – SBC Membership