INTERPLAY: Craft, Art and Design
Juried by Holly Jerger, Curator for Craft and Folk Art Museum, Los Angeles
The boundaries between Craft, Art and Design have become blurred. Holly Jerger encourages reconsideration of how we subdivide and classify genres and techniques in the art world. She challenges preconceived notions about contemporary craft, art and design, looking for timely and contemporary art without losing the meaning of craft, materiality, and the handmade. Award of Solo Exhibition at SoLA Gallery for selected artist.
Open to all artists and all media.
South Bay Contemporary, SoLA Gallery, 3718 West Slauson Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90043
Entry Deadline: October 15
Artist Notification: October 22
Delivery Date: November 4, 11 – 4 pm
Artist Reception: Saturday, November 10, 4-7 pm
Artist Talk: to be announced
Exhibition Dates: November 10 – December 29
Pick up Date: December 30, 11-2 pm
Entry Fee (Non-refundable application fees): $35 for 3 images. $5 additional image.
– By Pay Pal: Select the Donate button on our “Contact” page here.
– Or by Check: Check made to SBC and mail to: South Bay Contemporary, Office, 96 Narcissa Drive, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
Please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please print Interplay in subject line of email.
- Mailing Address
Listing for Each Entry
- Artist Name
- Title, Date
- Dimensions (HxWxD)
- Retail Price
Attach Photo Entries
- Attach each .JPG/.JPEG with the file saved as Artist Name and Title of Work. (For example: AndyWarholCampbellsSoupCans.JPG)
- Two (2) images may be included for 3D works
- Jpg may be no bigger than 1 MB
You will be notified when we receive your entry. Please refer to the calendar for the details.
Terms and Conditions
- Submitted images of accepted work may be used by SBC, SoLA for press, website and other promotion.
- All work must remain in gallery for duration of exhibition
- Work left in gallery past pick up date will be charged storage fee unless other arrangements are made for pick up.
- Artist is responsible for shipping costs and arrangements to and from the gallery. Enclose return shipping label in package or make other arrangements with gallery prior to shipping.
- All framed work must be fit with wire, d rings or ready to hang securely. Let us know if you have other needs for installation.
- Gallery cannot store packing materials.
- Sales: 60% to artist / 40 % to SBC. Payment to artist for sales of artwork will be after the end of the exhibition.
- Liability: We will handle your work with utmost care and will provide a liability agreement to sign upon acceptance into the show, however neither SBC, staff, board or anyone connected to the exhibition is responsible for any loss, damage, breakage or theft of artwork while at the gallery. Your entry into this exhibition constitutes agreement with these terms and conditions as set in the prospectus.
Questions: email: email@example.com or Cell: (peggy) 310 429 0973
Situated on historic Museum Row since 1965, the Craft & Folk Art Museum (CAFAM) is an invaluable contributor to Los Angeles culture, exhibiting current artists with intriguing perspectives and distinctive practices. CAFAM offers consistently unexpected exhibitions of compelling work that takes traditional techniques in new, often surprising directions. Exploring the leading edge of craft, art, and design, CAFAM gives audience to diverse makers and artists whose work is often not represented in larger art institutions.